Dental veneers are the perfect solution for people who have slightly crooked tooth, chipped teeth or discolored teeth. Veneers are also used to fill in spaces between the teeth. They are a modern and popular technique used in cosmetic dentistry to deal with cosmetic problems that most people commonly face. Our skilled dentists also recommend veneers in place of full crown coverage which helps in the conservation of tooth structure. To learn more about dental veneers in Boston and Arlington, Massachusetts, and to schedule your consultation with Dr. Robert Page and Dr. Preetha Chally, call Congress Dental Group at 617-574-8700, and to schedule an appointment with Dr. John Boyle, call Arlington Dental at 781-641-0500.
WHAT ARE DENTAL VENEERS?
Dental veneers are thin shells which are made of composite or porcelain material. They are made according to the requirements of the patient either by a dentist or at a dental laboratory. Porcelain veneers are the most preferred material of veneers. They are attached to the front side of the tooth. The main purpose of these veneers is to improve the overall health and appearance of your teeth. They look completely natural and are unnoticeable.
WHY PORCELAIN DENTAL VENEERS?
Porcelain is a popular, almost preferred, material used to create veneers that are thinner, stronger and more natural in appearance. Composite materials are also available, but porcelain dental veneers result in optimal, long-term functionality. Also, it can cost more to use porcelain materials for your veneers, but they provide a needed and valuable solution to many dental problems.
ADVANTAGES OF PORCELAIN DENTAL VENEERS
- Tooth enamel and porcelain are similar in a way as they are both white and translucent. It is therefore the reason they react to light in similar ways. When your tooth enamel is replaced to porcelain veneers, it gives you a natural-looking smile.
- Porcelain is a ceramic material, so all the stain-producing products roll off the surface of your veneers just like if they were glass. As they are naturally stain resistant, you do not have to worry about their maintenance.
- Since porcelain veneers are extremely thin, they can be applied with minimal invasion. This means that very little portion of your natural tooth has to be removed to apply porcelain veneers.
- In almost all cases, very little or no anesthesia is required to apply porcelain veneers.
- As porcelain veneers can be made according to the preferences and requirements of the patient, you can discuss with our Boston dentists to determine the right shade and shape of the veneers that you would like to have.
- Apart from the cosmetic benefits that these porcelain veneers offer, they also act as tooth enamel for those who have extremely sensitive teeth.
As the application of porcelain veneers is non-invasive, it will not require many sessions with us. We assure a comfortable veneering process as the solution for various dental problems that you have been facing. Do not let crooked, discolored or uneven teeth take away the health and beauty of your teeth. Call our office today for more information about porcelain dental veneers and make your appointment with our dentists.